[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - message passing through underlying db

Tim Coninx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 18 08:25:22 EST 2011

Tim Coninx [http://community.jboss.org/people/timconinxrvp] created the discussion

"message passing through underlying db"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588347#588347

Hello,

We are using a system where three jboss servers with the same application are connected to the same db. The servers are not clustered, but rather serve different audiences.

Currently we are having a problem with our jms subsystem because a queue fills up too fast because messages are causing exceptions. Normally each server will process its own messages, but because we sometimes have to restart all servers (while a queue is still filled), they suddenly all three start processing all messages that are (at that point) in the db at the same time, meaning that the number of messages failing triples.

Now we want to have a dedicated (fourth) server to handle all messages. That one will be the only one with activated message driven beans. The messages will still be published however by the three other servers.

My question: is this possible, and how ? Because normally a message published by one server will never be processed by another server on the same db (unless the message is left in the db and the server restarted). Passing the messages through the messagesucker seems a bit farfetched, as the messages are already in the correct tables.

We're also not (directly) looking for clustering the servers... although this might become the first step

I accept 'rtfm' answers, but I'd like a general chapter to read then  :)

Thanks in advance

Tim

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]