[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM 5 and BPEL

Ilja Kondrush do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 18 18:55:04 EST 2011

Ilja Kondrush [http://community.jboss.org/people/theros] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM 5 and BPEL"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588435#588435

You see.. main idea is to try to do this.. not just to choose the easy way..  (or, maybe, i've understood you incorrectly about "re-draw" thing..?)
Now i know, that these two languages do differ from each other..
Let's say, that there is a simple activity made in BPEL. I take this activity and translate it into BPMN/XPDL (this activity from BPEL now will be a jBPM node (if i'm not mistaken with terminology) ). Then i try to write a few basic activities like Invoke, Receive , Reply (just these.. i'm not even thinking about taking on the whole jBPM functionality..). And now..the main thing.. I do not want just to create some java code (for instance) that "takes BPEL diagramm and just "translates" it into jBPM diagramm.. The point is to make some of the functionality work for real.. that is what i tried to tell..

Any ideas..?

sincerely,
Ilja Kondrush