[jboss-user] [jBPM] - What's the easy way to call native or external tools in jBPM5?

Sean Wu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 21 04:25:15 EST 2011

Sean Wu [http://community.jboss.org/people/alartin] created the discussion

"What's the easy way to call native or external tools in jBPM5?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588654#588654

Hi All,
I have some native or external tools in my data process pipeline. I want to develope a web application and use jBPM5 to call these tools (they are command line tools on linux written in Perl, Shell and other scripts). Is there any easy way to call them? I do not like the idea to call them directly in the Java code. Currently, I use Apache Ant build file to call them sequentially, because Ant has a wonderful exec task to call external tools. Is there any available solution? Or I have to call them directly or via Ant API in the Java code?
Thanks.