[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: In memory TaskClient without Mina or JMS

Kris Verlaenen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 21 21:55:12 EST 2011

Kris Verlaenen [http://community.jboss.org/people/KrisVerlaenen] created the discussion

"Re: In memory TaskClient without Mina or JMS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588872#588872

I see where you're going with this.  I assume you want to avoid using a loose coupling between the process engine and the human task service, but rather embed the service so you can call it directly?   I don't see any problem with this basically, what about just registering your own LocalWSHumanTaskHandler that doesn't use a local client but simply starts a server instance locally and instead of calling methods on the client calling the corresponding message on the server directly.

You could create a task session in your handler and cache this:

        EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("org.jbpm.task");
        TaskService taskService = new TaskService(emf, SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener());
        TaskServiceSession taskSession = taskService.createSession();

And then modify WSHumanTaskHandler to call the taskSession instead of the taskClient whenever appropriate.

I can see how this would be useful for other people as well, so if this actually works, let me know and I'll add it to the codebase  ;)   Or if my explanation doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to help.

Kris