[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Bind workflow transition to UI report

Nicolas Labrot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 23 02:06:44 EST 2011

Nicolas Labrot [http://community.jboss.org/people/nicolasl] created the discussion

"Bind workflow transition to UI report"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/589163#589163

Hello,

I have in a legacy application the following use case.

For some states transitions the user has to fill a report. When the user changes the state of an object A from the state S1 to the state S2 he has to fill a report. The user can cancel the report, A remains in the state S1. If he validates the report, A goes to the state S2.

I'm trying to model this workflow but the report complicates the workflow. I must create a bidirectionnal transition between S1 and the report human task:
S1<=>ReportHumanTask=>S2.
The user cancel : ReportHumanTask goes to S1.
The user validates ReportHumanTask goes to S2

Another way would be to have an external file. This file would give for a given transition S1->S2 which report to display.

Is there another way ? And what is in your opinion the best use case ?

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas