[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: Get ear name

Sverker Abrahamsson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 3 07:53:39 EST 2011

Sverker Abrahamsson [http://community.jboss.org/people/sverker] created the discussion

"Re: Get ear name"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578341#578341

I did a workaround. In pom.xml the application.finalName property is defined to the name the ear will have and is used in build section finalName tag. I have a mbean which is configured via a *-service.xml file deployed in the ear. In there I have an attribute definition like this:

<attribute name="EarName">${application.finalName}</attribute>

Maven will replace the macro with the property value. Then I have a ServiceLocator singleton class which is used by all clients to lookup the services, it has a method like this:

private static String getEarName() {
        if(earName == null) {
            // This will lookup the name of the ear from our mbean
            MBeanServer mBeanServer = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
            try {
                earName = (String) mBeanServer.invoke( new ObjectName("com.limetransit.sms:service=LimeManagement"),
                        "getEarName",
                        new Object[] {},
                        new String[] {}
                );
            } catch(Exception e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
        return earName + "/";
}

May not be the most beautiful solution but it works at least...

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]