[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: The replacement of system properties in *-ds.xml is done only for elements of string value type

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 3 16:40:16 EST 2011

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] created the discussion

"Re: The replacement of system properties in *-ds.xml is done only for elements of string value type"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578479#578479

Ah, now I actually see/understand your problem -- at least I think so. :-)

My previous suggestion is wrong.
What you need is the following, in theory at the moment.
* deployment myapp.ear must depend on SystemPropertiesService, but in PARSE stage
** this way ear' -ds.xml will be parsed with required system properties

We already have proper mechanism in place for this,
see jboss-dependency.xml ( http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13178 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss5custommetadatafiles),
but it will need minor adjustments.

See dependency-deployers-jboss-beans.xml in deployers/,
all three jboss-dependency.xml related deployers need a change of stage.

<property name="stage">DeploymentStages.PRE_PARSE</property> <--- pseudo code

Then adding proper jboss-dependency.xml into ear' META-INF should do the trick.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]