[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 4 04:55:26 EST 2011

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] created the discussion

"Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578573#578573

> > Perhaps filter out the "org.hibernate.validator"?
> I'll try something, but I'm not sure what to try exactly. Looks like adding NegatingClassFilter for org.hibernate as after-filter isn't the way so I'm not sure which way to go to block some packages/classes completely regardless their presence anywhere or not.
> There should really be some "fully blocking" approach possible (and simply).
The same negating filter should also work for after phase.
The fully blocking filter is NothingClassFilter.

> EDIT: I tried to setup filters on org.hibernate.validator package several ways - before-filter was always NegatingClassFilter on that package, after-filter was once NegatingClassFilter, once just PackageClassFilter, also tried RecursivePackageFilter for both before-filter and after-filter in the end but to no avail.
Hmm, yeah, I think that was a typo on my end, we need RecursivePackageFilter.
But apart from that I don't see what can go wrong.

Could you debug a bit more?
Or do you have some test case / example to share?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]