[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: how can i create a REGULAR java application launcher for jboss?

Max Andersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 4 05:20:24 EST 2011

Max Andersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/max.andersen%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Re: how can i create a REGULAR java application launcher for jboss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578588#578588

Diver looks pretty interesting but unfortunately it does not seem to work on OSX thus I can't install to investigate easily.

But I can tell you what I would try  :)

First I would try to Open your Server from servers view, click "Open launch configuration" and see if the "Diver launch tab" isn't already just there and you can enable it.

Secondly I would figure out what that diver launch tab actually does, but Diver does not in their docs explain *how* they do this but my guess is that they use a a javaagent of some sort thus it should just be a matter of specifying these options in the Server's launch configuration. To find out how that is done simply launch a normal java app with the tracing enabled, go to the Debug view and right click on the launched process and select "Properties" - in here you should be able to see the command line arguments and see what are Diver specific. Then you can go back to option A and specify these thing manually.

Thirdly, fall back to do this completely manually and simply setup a launch configuration similar to what is in the server editor - the classpath and the classname used.