[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 4 16:13:41 EST 2011

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] created the discussion

"Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578816#578816

> Caused by: org.hibernate.AnnotationException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.<init>(java.lang.Class, java.util.ResourceBundle, org.hibernate.validator.MessageInterpolator, java.util.Map, org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.ReflectionManager)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.applyHibernateValidatorLegacyConstraintsOnDDL(Configuration.java:1651) [:3.6.0.Final]
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.applyConstraintsToDDL(Configuration.java:1623) [:3.6.0.Final]
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.secondPassCompile(Configuration.java:1415) [:3.6.0.Final]
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildMappings(Configuration.java:1345) [:3.6.0.Final]
> > Caused by: org.hibernate.AnnotationException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.<init>(java.lang.Class, java.util.ResourceBundle, org.hibernate.validator.MessageInterpolator, java.util.Map, org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.ReflectionManager)
> >  at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.applyHibernateValidatorLegacyConstraintsOnDDL(Configuration.java:1651) [:3.6.0.Final]
> >  at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.applyConstraintsToDDL(Configuration.java:1623) [:3.6.0.Final]
> >  at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.secondPassCompile(Configuration.java:1415) [:3.6.0.Final]
>
> Note that I'm using JPA 2.0/Hibernate 3.6.0.Final*.* I have a fairly simple project - in my case, it's just a war. It's a stock JBoss 6.0.0.Final install - all I've done is put my war, together with an associated db-ds.xml file, into the server/default/deploy directory. I'm also using Spring 3.0.5.
>
> Here's the relevant section of my project's pom.xml:
>
> > <dependency>
> >    <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
> >    <artifactId>hibernate-entitymanager</artifactId>
> >    <version>3.6.0.Final</version>
> >    <exclusions>
> >     <exclusion>
> > <groupId>javax.transaction</groupId>
> >  <artifactId>jta</artifactId>
> > </exclusion>
> > </exclusions>
> > </dependency>
> >

> I have also tried changing the scope of hibernate-entitymanager to "provided*"*, in which case my project should be using JBoss 6's provided hibernate libraries, but when I do that I get this exception:
>
> > Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence does not implement the requested interface javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider
> >  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.createNativeEntityManagerFactory(LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:225) [:3.0.5.RELEASE]
> >  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:308) [:3.0.5.RELEASE]
> [...]
Hmmm, how can this happen if both you and JBossAS use the same Hibernate version?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]