[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: jboss6 final and jbossws 3.4.0

Antoine Brun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 5 05:54:09 EST 2011

Antoine Brun [http://community.jboss.org/people/abr] created the discussion

"Re: jboss6 final and jbossws 3.4.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578936#578936

> Alessio Soldano wrote:
>
> Ah, regarding the
>
> > </handler-config> is not a valid root element in file vfs:/home/abr/workspace/api/dist/ubi-api.ear/ubi-api-ejb.jar/META-INF/soapHandler/handler-chain.xml ....
> >

> exception I see in your server log, are you using the proper handler chain descriptor format? Check  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossws/framework/tags/jbossws-framework-3.4.0.GA/testsuite/test/java/org/jboss/test/ws/jaxws/handlerscope/jaxws-server-handlers.xml http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossws/framework/tags/jbossws-framework-3.4.0.GA/testsuite/test/java/org/jboss/test/ws/jaxws/handlerscope/jaxws-server-handlers.xml
>
> for an example.

I think that those traces are just remains from a previous test that failed.
The handler-chain seems to be correctly parsed with jbossws native 3.4.1 and I'm declaring it like that:
     @HandlerChain(file = "handler-chain.xml")

Attached are logs from a single boot/ear deploy sequence (I'm not undeploying the ear and I'm using twiddle/JMX).

By the way, is there a clean way to uninstall the jbossws module from the jboss install?
I'd like to check my EJB deployment without the web service module

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]