[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Adding JBoss AS source to a project

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 9 07:38:57 EST 2011

henk de boer [http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] created the discussion

"Re: Adding JBoss AS source to a project"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/579641#579641

> Max Andersen wrote:
>
> if the -src.zip would just contain all the sources you (and other users) could simply attach that src.zip to the jars they would like code for - that would be best first step.
>
> As you write it it seems like src is missing for some...

Indeed, I think the reasoning is that the JBoss AS source archive now only contains those sources that are specific to the product "JBoss AS" according to the internal organization at JBoss. For the end user, JBoss AS contains e.g. JMS, but this is implemented by HornetQ. From the point of view of JBoss AS guys, HornetQ is an external project, even though it's also being developed at JBoss AS.

Then there are the truly external projects, like Mojarra that implements JSF.

The old JBoss AS 5 source organization already had a directory called "thirdparty", which then contained a directory "jboss", which would then contain the source of what many people would think to be part of JBoss AS, like jboss-ejb3-core, jboss-deployers, etc. It is this "thirdparty" directory that seems to be the main culprit now.

I opened a topic at the JBoss AS forums here:  http://community.jboss.org/message/579613#579613 http://community.jboss.org/message/579613

If anyone cares about a possible -one-click- source attachment for the whole of JBoss AS, please chime in  ;)