[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: bpmtoesbvars and esbtobpmvars...

Gary Pinkham do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 11 15:47:20 EST 2011

Gary Pinkham [http://community.jboss.org/people/garyp] created the discussion

"Re: bpmtoesbvars and esbtobpmvars..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/580143#580143

that didn't work either.    :(         I put a break point in one of my ESB actions..   and I noticed something odd..    So the BPM process uses ESBActionHandler and IIRC it waits for the response back from the ESB..

"The EsbActionHandler is designed to work as a reply-response type call into the Enterprise Service Bus. Attach it to the node. This is so that the action is called when the node is entered. The EsbActionHandler executes, leaving the node +*waiting*+ for a transition signal, (which can come from any other thread of execution but will normally be sent by the JBossESB callback service.)"

The breakpoint gets hit and I didn't click the proceed.. so I would expect the BPM process to be hanging..  But my log messages from the process that it left the node appear after a second to two..

Am I reading this wrong?  Also note that at this point the variable from esbToBpmVars is not set..  The next node in the BPM is a custom action and it displays the variables..  The "output" from the ESB action node is not present..

Thanks!!
Gary