[jboss-user] [EJB3] - JBoss AS 6: MDB awaiting topic/queue creation

Jamie S do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 12 16:32:14 EST 2011

Jamie S [http://community.jboss.org/people/jamie.s] created the discussion

"JBoss AS 6: MDB awaiting topic/queue creation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/580427#580427

Hi, I am trying to piece together a MDB using the @MessageDriven annotation, using stuff from the EJB3 in Action book.
I am attempting to get this going on JBoss AS 6.0.0 Final, default configuration.

I have read that using the MessageDriven annotation, the destination queue will be created if it does not exist.
(eg.,  http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/Server_Configuration_Guide/4/html/EJB3_Services-Message_Driven_Beans.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/Server_Configuration_Guide/4/html/EJB3_Services-Message_Driven_Beans.html )

Here is my annotation:

@MessageDriven(
        name="ShippingRequestProcessor",
        mappedName="queue/ShippingRequestQueue",

        activationConfig = {
                @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
                @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "queue/ShippingRequestQueue"),
                })
public class ShippingRequestProcessor implements MessageListener {
    @PostConstruct
    public void initialize()
    {
        log.info("Shipper initialized.");
    }

public void onMessage(Message message) {
    etc...

Using eclipse, I have created that inside an EJB project, inside an EAR project.
(The mappedName anno property is added by eclipse / new Message Driven Bean)

When I deploy, my other EJBs get deployed. However, when the MDB 'starts', I see the following in the log:

16:00:11,482 INFO  [org.hornetq.ra.inflow.HornetQActivation] Attempting to reconnect org.hornetq.ra.inflow.HornetQActivationSpec(ra=org.hornetq.ra.HornetQResourceAdapter at 3b59640d destination=queue/ShippingRequestQueue destinationType=javax.jms.Queue ack=Auto-acknowledge durable=false clientID=null user=null maxSession=15)
16:00:11,496 INFO  [org.hornetq.ra.inflow.HornetQActivation] awaiting topic/queue creation queue/ShippingRequestQueue

These two messages are repeated 10 times, and then nothing happens.  initialize() is not called.
The client indicates the queue is not bound.

Using "jms/ShippingRequestQueue" or "jms.queue.ShippingRequestQueue" does not help, either.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]