[jboss-user] [jBPM] - understanding taskclient

Odelya Holiday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 19 08:44:30 EST 2011

Odelya Holiday [http://community.jboss.org/people/odelyaholiday] created the discussion

"understanding taskclient"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/581352#581352

I understood that in order to run HumanTask I have to register an handler. for example:

 StatefulKnowledgeSession session = session.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", new CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler());

I looked in the implementation of the class and realized that CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler in connect() method connects to port 9123 and starts a client task.

However, I saw in some examples, that I need to initialize this task:

TaskClient client = new TaskClient(new MinaTaskClientConnector("client 1",new MinaTaskClientHandler(SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener())));
  client.connect("127.0.0.1", 9123);

When do I have to invoke this TaskClient manually?

Who kills the task so it wouldn't sit on the same port with other tasks?