[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Mutable Objects inside ObjectMessage and rollback behavi

Veit Guna do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 20 08:58:55 EST 2011

Veit Guna [http://community.jboss.org/people/veitg] created the discussion

"Re: Mutable Objects inside ObjectMessage and rollback behavi"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/582103#582103

Hi.

Sorry to dig this old thread out, but I have the same issue reported with JBoss 5.1.0. Changing the RedeliveryDelay to > 0 fixed it for me too.

To answer your question: according to the jms 1.1 spec (3.10. "Changing the Value of a Received Message"), this is not expected behavior:

"If the consumer modifies a received message, and the message is subsequently redelivered, the
redelivered message must be the original, unmodified message (except for headers and properties
modified by the JMS provider as a result of the redelivery, such as the JMSRedelivered header and
the JMSXDeliveryCount property)."

@JBM-developers: will this be fixed in a 1.x release in the near future? Or maybe it's enough to set RedeliveryDelay to 1 per default?!

Thanks.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]