[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: How to define context-root or URL for web service?

Timo Wiedenmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 22 05:57:00 EST 2011

Timo Wiedenmann [http://community.jboss.org/people/twieden] created the discussion

"Re: How to define context-root or URL for web service?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/582489#582489

Hello Heiner,

i'm not one of the WebService experts - just another user ...

In my expierience the idea to keep an application independant from the application server follows the java idea, but in reality i never seen the a project changed the server platform when in was running. So i would propose you to take the dependency to jboss - if the server will be changed really, you have to adapt your code anyway, as other app servers have their specialities too.

I dont excatly know from where jboss takes the context root, may be you check
- the service element in the WSDL
- try to use the Endpoint publish() method (see  http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jax_ws_2/ http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jax_ws_2/ )

Hope this helps in any way ...

Best regards, Timo