[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Give permission to write to a folder?

Chris Williams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 26 15:52:10 EST 2011

Chris Williams [http://community.jboss.org/people/brandx] created the discussion

"Give permission to write to a folder?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/583404#583404

I want to be able to upload a file and stick it in a public folder (for instance, ROOT.war). I haven't tested uploading yet, but I did try listing and deleting files which are already there. I can list them, but not delete. I checked the Windows permissions and I'm relatively sure that everything is allowed there (for example, I ran the command line as Administrator and started JBoss that way).

I'm not sure whether I need to set the permissions for ROOT.war or for my own application, but I do have the freedom to do either one. I'm just not sure what exactly I have to change, nor what I need to change it to.