[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - jar files as deployments resources in server view

Maxym Pendyshchuk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 2 18:27:42 EDT 2011

Maxym Pendyshchuk [http://community.jboss.org/people/Aeternitas] created the discussion

"jar files as deployments resources in server view"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/613130#613130

I donn't know if this question to JBoss Tools team, maybe to Eclipse... At first I will try to ask here.

I have project, which consists from
- Dynamic Web Project "Presentation"
- EJB Project "Engine"
-Enterprise Application Project "EARPackaging".

Last one packs both EJB and Web Project to EAR. Now, I add this EAR project to JBoss Runtime Server (6.x or 7.0, does not matter for now).

Now in Enterprise Application Project, in EarContent I create 'lib' folder, and add there freemarker.jar, now when I expand related resource added to Runtime Server in servers view, I see

JBoss 6.x Runtime Server
     - EARPackaging
          - Engine
          - freemarker.jar
          - Presentation

most of jars from EarContent\lib folder is not added here (and all of them should not, imho). I noticed that only freemarker and yuicompressor are added as ear resource (and my EarContent\lib has 41 jar files)... Why is it so? In Deployment Assembly of Enterprise Application Project I don't see these jars to remove.

This simplified example is attached. I used Eclipse 3.7, night build of JBoss Tooles 3.3 (and actually I had the same issue with JBoss Tools 3.2, but as I menation at the beginning, I don't know if it is related to JBoss Tools at all)