[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to Send Signal Out from a WorkItemHandler?

Bruce Cui do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 4 11:29:38 EDT 2011

Bruce Cui [http://community.jboss.org/people/brucecui] created the discussion

"Re: How to Send Signal Out from a WorkItemHandler?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/613305#613305

Hi Kris, really appreciate your advice. After I posted upper messge last Friday, I checked out jbpm and drools codes from git, and changed exactly what you mentioned, the DefaultWorkItemManager, JPAWorkItemManager, and also a Register Command class I don't remember the exact name, which seems used in a command pattern, but I'm not sure whether it's used in practice. I also created a KnowledgeRuntimeAware interface to make the WorkItemManagers capable of recognizing those handlers that need to inject session in.

This change worked exactly as we expected. But now I'm facing new problems. When one process contains sub process, once a async task call the ksession's signalEvent out, there is always a NullPointerException at the point which seems to be where the engine tries to add the sub process into persistance.

I've opened another thread for this, with detail log in it. I think for the topic in this thread, you have given me absolute help. I do very much expect your kindly help on my new headache as well. I understand jBPM may not be developed for the very purpose as the one I currently have. But I don't want to simply give up especially after having gone this far.