[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Start JBPM5 process from web app

Massimiliano Andriotto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 12 12:38:17 EDT 2011

Massimiliano Andriotto [http://community.jboss.org/people/argonauta] created the discussion

"Start JBPM5 process from web app"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/614730#614730

Hi to all I need some help to activate a process from a web application deployed inside the same JBoss where guvnor runs.
I'm using eclipse to develop and to install my process inside drools-guvnor, I find it inside the defaultPackage. Using the same web interface i build the package all goes ok.
I see the process inside the jbpm-console and I'm able to start it.
Now I have a web application and I have to start the process. This is the code:

|  |  |  | KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory |
|  |  |  |  |  | .newKnowledgeBuilder(); |

|  |  |  | KnowledgeBase kbase = kbuilder.newKnowledgeBase(); |
|  |  |  | StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = kbase |
|  |  |  |  |  | .newStatefulKnowledgeSession(); |
|  |  |  | ksession.startProcess("com.sample.bpmn.hello"); |

but I see an exception
Unknown process ID: com.sample.bpmn.hello

Thank you
Massimiliano