[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Human task API, how to move forward in the workflow ?

John Augusto Charnet do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 13 16:00:28 EDT 2011

John Augusto Charnet [http://community.jboss.org/people/jcharnet] created the discussion

"Re: Human task API, how to move forward in the workflow ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/615015#615015

I've made some massive debug, and what I found out was that after the task client api complete method is executed, I get to a point where the method completeWorkItem is executing. This method tries to join an existing transaction, and I'm getting the following error:

javax.persistence.TransactionRequiredException: No local transaction to join
          at org.springframework.orm.jpa.ExtendedEntityManagerCreator$ExtendedEntityManagerInvocationHandler.doJoinTransaction(ExtendedEntityManagerCreator.java:407)
          at org.springframework.orm.jpa.ExtendedEntityManagerCreator$ExtendedEntityManagerInvocationHandler.invoke(ExtendedEntityManagerCreator.java:350)
          at $Proxy56.joinTransaction(Unknown Source)
          at org.drools.persistence.jpa.JpaPersistenceContextManager.beginCommandScopedEntityManager(JpaPersistenceContextManager.java:66)
          at org.drools.persistence.SingleSessionCommandService.execute(SingleSessionCommandService.java:287)
          at org.drools.command.impl.CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession$1.completeWorkItem(CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession.java:149)
          at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler$GetCompletedTaskResponseHandler.execute(CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.java:259)

Is there any configuration problems with my environment ?
Spring is in control of my EntityManagerFactory and in my test unit I'm using bitronix.tm.TransactionManagerServices.getTransactionManager().

Any ideas ?

Thanks