[jboss-user] [Snowdrop] - Re: Newbie question about Spring integration

Darryl Miles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 19 00:23:23 EDT 2011

Darryl Miles [http://community.jboss.org/people/dlmiles] created the discussion

"Re: Newbie question about Spring integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/615955#615955

It would good for JBoss to write up some full and clear documentation covering all the features of their Class Loading mechanisms.  I have read a number of snippets over the time of AS5, AS6 and now AS7 that claim there is a new mix of ideas on the topic and that JBoss software is the best.  However there does not seem to be information to back up this claim that is in the form of full and complete documentation covering all possible features.

This is something that at least Spring Framework has going well for itself.  The quality and completeness of the documentation covering all the features makes it one of the best open-source products there is.

If anything I'd like to see the JBoss AS core have as good technical a documentation as say Hibernate does.   The quick-start, pet-clinic, admin-guide are all great but where is the "reference manual" that covers all possible features from A to Z ?  What I as a user wants to know is, if I want access to some of the hybrid JBoss AS specific features (that may or may not be part of any JSR) we need to know about them all to be trying them, blog about them, suggesting revisions and patches to them, etc... no documentation = smaller eco system

So while AS7 claims to have re-written the book on class loading in my opinion at this time until a full set of documentation about that alone is written, this sound bite is nothing more than clever marketing and hype, just like it seems to have been when a similar claim was made about AS6.

It is no wonder that a thread request like the OP here goes unanswered for over a month.   We're sorry but the great JBoss AS class loader is not documented well enough maybe as a solution I can offer you "try to reduce the number of poorly documented open-source parts from your project."

Start a new discussion in Snowdrop at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2082]