[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Can I remove the string "queue/" which infront the queue name ?

farm tk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 19 12:03:26 EDT 2011

farm tk [http://community.jboss.org/people/farmtk] created the discussion

"Can I remove the string "queue/" which infront the queue name ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/616175#616175

Hi, wish to get the answer of the following :

I have the following queue to consume jms and is working well . The queue name is -- jms_ABCD. The following java program is in Server_B.

*@MessageDriven(*
*activationConfig =*
*    {       @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),*
*            @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="queue/jms_ABCD")*

*    }*
*)*

*public class TestReceive implements MessageListener {*

*......*

*}*

>From other server (says Server_B) need to send jms to the Server_A's queue "jms_ABCD". Due to the JMS tools constrain which use in Server_B, the lookup queue name cannot put as "...../queue/jms_ABCD". but only "...../jms_ABC". So I change the program in Server_A to as follow , just to remove the string "queue/" in front of the queue name "jms_ABCD" as follow :
*...*
*..*
*@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="jms_ABCD")*
*..*
*..*

It cannot work, because the JNDIName of this queue still "*queue/jms_ABCD".* This can be seen in the jboss console as shown below :
 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-616175-16748/sc.gif  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-616175-16748/450-337/sc.gif

So next step is to change the JNDIName from "queue/jms_ABCD" to "jms_ABCD" and press "Apply Changes" button in jboss console.
However after shuntdown and restart jboss, the JNDIName of this queue still go back to "queue/jms_ABCD".

Could any one advice how to remove the "queue/" ? Thank you.
I am using JBoss 4.2.2.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]