[jboss-user] [Snowdrop] - Re: JBoss 6 + Snowdrop2 + Red5

Scott Kroll do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 21 10:27:51 EDT 2011

Scott Kroll [http://community.jboss.org/people/skroll] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss 6 + Snowdrop2 + Red5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/616719#616719

Also, yes, the spring default.context that red5 uses is shared, but it does it in a strange manner. It's actually doing it via the code in org.red5.server.war.WarLoaderServlet. There's a line of code that looks like this:
> factory.registerSingleton("default.context", applicationContext);
I'm not sure how I feel about this, because it makes it hard to chain contexts from shared beans in your ear. For example, if I wanted to put my DAO and hibernate session in a shared context between applications, if I want to use red5 then default.context has to be at the highest level (all my future contexts will have to inherit from that), so it makes it difficult to create a clean hierarchy in your applications. I think I may end up changing that servlet to make my life easier and separating out some logic.

Basically, my goal is to have something like this:

DAO Beans Context/Hibernate -> Red5 Context -> ApplicationA.war
DAO Beans Context/Hibernate -> ApplicationB.war

The DAO Beans Context/Hibernate would be shared across the .ear to all the .wars, but the way red5 registers that context it isn't possible right now, so it has to be:

Red5 Context -> DAO Beans Context/Hibernate -> ApplicationA.war
Red5 Context -> DAO Beans Context/Hibernate -> ApplicationB.war

I guess I'm nitpicking but it's something I'd like to solve.

Start a new discussion in Snowdrop at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2082]