[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How long Jboss Portal will be maintained?

Darko Hojnik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 10 12:11:08 EDT 2011

Darko Hojnik [http://community.jboss.org/people/minimike] created the discussion

"Re: How long Jboss Portal will be maintained?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/609679#609679

Hello Thomas!

What I'm almost missing is a good WCMS in the Ecosystem of GateIn. In fact eXo WCMS uses Oracle's JDK proprietary API. So in fact you couldn't deploy it on on IBM Blades (with PPC) or on Platforms like FreeBSD. On FreeBSD my prefered Platform, Jboss 5.1 and GateIn 3.2 runs perfect with OpenJDK6 only. The official Diablo Caffe JDK 1.6.0-7 has issues with IPv6. And a fix will breaks the licence with Oracle.
Here in my enviroment is no pleace for Oracle's proprietary stuff. Oracle JDK is the best, but it produces always problems with the licence.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]