[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Same application deployed twice gives "2 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions" initialization error

nafees sharif do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 11 19:45:40 EDT 2011

nafees sharif [http://community.jboss.org/people/mnsharif] created the discussion

"Same application deployed twice gives "2 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions" initialization error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/609778#609778

I have two applications running under my JBoss 5.1 (using JDK6) with names +appA1.war+ and +appZ.war+. Both of these web-applications are clients of web services published by external parties. I am using myeclipse to generate client side stubs etc. I am using Metro1.1 jars in my applications, i.e. both of these applications have following jars (apart from others) in WEB-INF/lib folder:
-- webservices-api.jar
-- webservices-extra.jar
-- webservices-extra-api.jar
-- webservices-rt.jar
Everything works file up till here. I can deploy and consume external web services in both of my applications.

Then i deployed a copy of +appA1.war+ as +appA2.war+ with only a few changes (different release with new features etc.). The _deployment_ of all three web-applications does not introduce any problem. The consumtpion of external web service as client works perfectly on +appA1.war+ application. However, when i try to consuming the external web service at +appA2.war+, the following exception occurs:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        ...+edited for brevity+
        at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:436)
        at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpProtocol.java:384)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Error creating JAXBContext for W3CEndpointReference.
        at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl$2.run(ProviderImpl.java:222)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl$2.run(ProviderImpl.java:218)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl.getEPRJaxbContext(ProviderImpl.java:217)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl.<clinit>(ProviderImpl.java:88)
        ... 40 more
*Caused by: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 2 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions*

*Two classes have the same XML type name "address". Use @XmlType.name and @XmlType.namespace to assign different names to them.*
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at +com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Address+
                at public com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Address com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference.addr
                at com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at +javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing.W3CEndpointReference$Address+
                at private javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing.W3CEndpointReference$Address javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing.W3CEndpointReference.address
                at javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing.W3CEndpointReference
*Two classes have the same XML type name "elements". Use @XmlType.name and @XmlType.namespace to assign different names to them.*
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at +com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Elements+
                at public com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Elements com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference.referenceProperties
                at com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at +javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing.W3CEndpointReference$Elements+
                at private javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing.W3CEndpointReference$Elements javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing.W3CEndpointReference.referenceParameters
                at javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing.W3CEndpointReference

        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException$Builder.check(IllegalAnnotationsException.java:102)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:438)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:286)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:139)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:117)
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:211)
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:372)
        at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:574)
        at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:522)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl$2.run(ProviderImpl.java:220)
        ... 44 more

I have looked around a little and have found following links partially useful. However, i have not been able to find a workaround and any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4254334/illegalannotationexception-two-classes-have-the-same-xml-type-name http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4254334/illegalannotationexception-two-classes-have-the-same-xml-type-name
 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4991394/two-classes-have-the-same-xml-type-name http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4991394/two-classes-have-the-same-xml-type-name
 http://community.jboss.org/thread/103648 http://community.jboss.org/thread/103648
 http://forums.netbeans.org/post-88330.html http://forums.netbeans.org/post-88330.html
 http://community.jboss.org/message/250396#250396 http://community.jboss.org/message/250396