[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: Using JBoss 4.2.3 as a webservice client, and signing it

Arian van Dongen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 16 14:10:40 EDT 2011

Arian van Dongen [http://community.jboss.org/people/dongenar] created the discussion

"Re: Using JBoss 4.2.3 as a webservice client, and signing it"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/610661#610661

Well, I've found what was the issue.

When I followed the manual I ran it all in the bin folder. This uses the client folder and that all worked well

When I created an ear I first created the client sources and put them in my mvn project, the problem here was that I added the wrong dependencies in my mvn pom. because of this everything build well but It did not have the JBoss specifics to get the security working.
For the generated client I nw use the following jars from the jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA (not in mvn repo so needs to be downloaded manually and put in local repo) :
- jbossws-core.jar
- jboss-jaxws.jar
- jaxb-api
All with scope provided.

Then I created my client. The dependencies I used here are also the ones from jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA.
- jbossws-core.jar
- jboss-jaxws.jar
- jboss-saaj.jar
- jaxb-api
All with scope provided.

Now the client worked well.
In my container I added an endorsed folder to my lib folder of the instance I was running (and updated the runconfiguration so it also saw this endorsed folder as the folder to look in, normally only jboss\lib\endorsed folder). So now I have the endorsed folder at the location jboss\server\<instance name>\lib\endorsed.
In this endorsed folder I added the following files from jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA:
- jbossws-core.jar
- jboss-jaxws.jar
- jboss-saaj.jar
- jboss-jaxws-ext.jar