[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - How to use a HTTP(S) proxy without system properties?

Robert Spielmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 16 14:34:18 EDT 2011

Robert Spielmann [http://community.jboss.org/people/rspielmann] created the discussion

"How to use a HTTP(S) proxy without system properties?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/610667#610667

Hello world,

I'm facing the following situation: I have a webservice client generated by CXF which completely uses JAXWS APIs. A webservice call is supposed to be made through a HTTP/HTTPS proxy server. I rely on JBoss remoting for the call - there is no CXF or Axis implementation involved. Because the affected JBoss is used to run a bunch of applications which sometimes have individual proxy settings, I can NOT use the usual system properties for the proxy configuration.

Now my question is: is there any programmatic way to set proxy options? I read in the remoting guide that you can do things like passing a metadata map into the client call (Remoting Guide, 5.4.11, response = client.invoke(payload, metadata);) - but how would I be able to hook into that invocation?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Robert

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]