[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Call by value vs. call by reference

Jens Augustsson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 17 09:47:04 EDT 2011

Jens Augustsson [http://community.jboss.org/people/jensaug] created the discussion

"Re: Call by value vs. call by reference"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/610796#610796

1) file [JBOSS_HOME]/[CONF]/jboss-service.xml, MBean name="jboss:service=Naming", <attribute name="CallByValue">
2) standard configuration is "true", all others configurations (default, all, web, standard) uses "false"
3) Since the cluster configuration defaults to "false", I'd keep this value as is - thus use Call By Reference. The Spec mandates the opposite, but I don't see why we wouldn't wanna let JBoss optmize /inVM/ calls.

br,
Jens

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]