[jboss-user] JBOSS 5.1 SHUTDOWN PROBLEM

Mokete Sekiba mokete.sekiba at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 05:45:28 EDT 2011

Greetings,

I am having a problem stoping or shuting down jboss from Linux server.  when
I execute the following commands from the console server I get the following
results:

OPTION 1: At the server console, I change to the bin directory and type:
./shutdown.sh and the results are

./shutdown.sh: line 70:exec: java: not found

Workaround: Opened the shutdown.sh in editor to get the following:

jboss:/opt/novell/idm/jboss/bin # vi  shutdown.sh

# Setup the classpath

JBOSS_BOOT_CLASSPATH="$JBOSS_HOME/bin/shutdown.jar:$JBOSS_HOME/client/jbossall-client.jar"

if [ "x$JBOSS_CLASSPATH" = "x" ]; then

    JBOSS_CLASSPATH="$JBOSS_BOOT_CLASSPATH"

else

    JBOSS_CLASSPATH="$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:$JBOSS_BOOT_CLASSPATH"

fi

# For Cygwin, switch paths to Windows format before running java

if $cygwin; then

    JBOSS_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JBOSS_HOME"`

    JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JAVA_HOME"`

    JBOSS_CLASSPATH=`cygpath --path --windows "$JBOSS_CLASSPATH"`

fi

# Execute the JVM

exec "$JAVA" \

    $JAVA_OPTS \

    -classpath $JBOSS_CLASSPATH \

    org.jboss.Shutdown "$@"

"shutdown.sh" 73L, 1903C

OPTION 2: changed to the bin directory and type the following at the server
console:

./jboss_init_suse.sh stop

Results: shutting down JBoss application server: -su: java: command not
found

Please assist me on how to resolve this issue.

NB: Starting Jboss Application Server does not give any problem

Kind Regards,

Mokete