[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Rest Service deployment issue on JBossWS-CXF-3.4.0 and JBoss 5.1

Kyle Bober do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 20 12:28:42 EDT 2011

Kyle Bober [http://community.jboss.org/people/kyle.bober] created the discussion

"Rest Service deployment issue on JBossWS-CXF-3.4.0 and JBoss 5.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/611037#611037

We have a war that contains some Rest Services using Apache CXF. When we try to deploy the wat to JBoss 5.1 using JBossWS-CFX-3.4.0  and using Spring 3.0.5 we run into the following deployment error:

Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [spring/DocumentQueryRestContext.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Class [org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.spring.NamespaceHandler] for namespace [ http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs] does not implement the [org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandler] interface

I have noticed a similar thread related to this here (although this is related to JBoss 6 ):
 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox//cxf-users/201104.mbox/%3CBANLkTinF3F1PLaO47=PqpPc-=05uZwjKig@mail.gmail.com%3E http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox//cxf-users/201104.mbox/%3CBANLkTinF3F1PLaO47=PqpPc-=05uZwjKig@mail.gmail.com%3E

I have a feeling this might be a classloader issue of some sort related to an offending JAR. Does anyone have any thoughts??? I am loosing my mind trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
kyle

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]