[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - @RemoteBinding and jboss.xml jndi-name (JBoss 5)

wooysiah do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 22 18:45:26 EDT 2011

wooysiah [http://community.jboss.org/people/wooysiah] created the discussion

"@RemoteBinding and jboss.xml jndi-name (JBoss 5)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/611507#611507

Hi,
I'm a total noob to both JEE as well as JBoss, though a seasoned programmer.
I started out exploring JEE world with Mastering EJB3 (5th edition) - but for good or the bad I use JBoss 5 GA. I stumbled into few problems (mostly with the need for dtd's in xml files), but what intrigues me now is:
Does the @RemoteBinding annotation override jndi-name defined in jboss.xml? In the book it's clearly stated, that the xml files override annotations, alas when I got to example 24.3 and chose a different jndi-binding for the remote interface then the one annotated I got an exception (name not bound).
When I looked to JBoss' console I saw that the name was bound to the value from jboss.xml first and then to the one provided by @RemoteBinding annotation.
Annotations are IMO much more verbose way to state what I want, and _are_ in a bean class, but if they coudn't be overriden by xml descriptors they would loose a lot of their appeal. Am I missing something?

regs,
Pawel