[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Could I seperate my web app server from jBPM work flow engine?

Tony Xie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 23 23:19:28 EDT 2011

Tony Xie [http://community.jboss.org/people/goto_tony] created the discussion

"Could I seperate my web app server from jBPM work flow engine?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/611759#611759

Dear all:
       As the jBPM 5 is released, it got mature to serve as workflow engine with the repository service, task service, execution service etc. But from the official document or from search result on Google, it is hardly to find solution about my question, i.e. how can I intergate my application at server1(maybe it is tomcat) with the remote jBPM server at jboss?

      From the API, wheneven I want to create ProcessInstance, the first thing I can do is to get the ProcessEngine from Configuration. Is it feasible to create an object from remote server so that I can use it to initiate my process or query my tasks from the remote jBPM server?

      It would be benefit when the app is seperated from workflow engine server with different role. App is focusing on business implementation, jBPM is focusing on the process repository, task monitoring and performance.

     Would I get some information from here?

Thanks!