[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: Same application deployed twice gives "2 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions" initialization error

Razvan Reff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 24 02:56:47 EDT 2011

Razvan Reff [http://community.jboss.org/people/razvan.reff] created the discussion

"Re: Same application deployed twice gives "2 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions" initialization error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/611774#611774

Thanks for your reply.

For me, it was a jar conflict which somehow led to this problem (the message is not very intuitive if you ask me).

Anyway, after spending a considerable amount of time searching for the conflicting jars (I had about 80 jars in my application lib and some of them were conflicting with the JBoss ones), I decided to go the "hard working way": I removed all my jars and replaced them one by one when JBoss was giving a ClassNotFound exception on deploy (thank God for JBoss hot deploy, otherwise I would still be at it as we speak).

I had help from a good tool (jarscan) which can find a certain file (the class JBoss was missing) in a folder full of jars.

So, a few hours later, I managed to find the "minimum configuration" for my application to deploy successfully on JBoss, which in my case kept only 25 out of the 80 jars I was using on Tomcat.

Hope this helps someone with a similar problem.

All the best,
Razvan

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]