[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Error when packaging WebService in a .ear

Alex Beaupre do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 25 22:41:13 EDT 2011

Alex Beaupre [http://community.jboss.org/people/beaupral] created the discussion

"Error when packaging WebService in a .ear"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/611987#611987

Hi all,

I'm using JBoss 5.1 GA and I can't deploy a JAX-WS annoted web service packaged in a EAR file.

When I deploy my webservice in a WAR file, everything works great, but I get the following exception everytime I try to package my dynamic web application inside of an EAR file :

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Cannot obtain endpoint for: jboss.ws:context=/test,endpoint=TestService
    at org.jboss.wsf.common.servlet.AbstractEndpointServlet.initEndpoint(AbstractEndpointServlet.java:153)

My configuration is simple :

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>TestService</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>test.TestService</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>TestService</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/testService</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

And my service is basic :

package test;