[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: building a cluster

gasper jeric do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 27 07:36:24 EDT 2011

gasper jeric [http://community.jboss.org/people/gjerich] created the discussion

"Re: building a cluster"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/612091#612091

hello Wolf-Dieter;
now i setup cluster in all mode... every looks fine. for information i used for cluster definition ServerPeerID, service.binding.set ports; booth running on localhost cause it is only test setup aka. preproduction. so next step was that i turned off HDscanners in selected way (works fine for me:)):

<property name="attachmentStoreRoot">${jboss.server.data.dir}/attachments</property>
</bean>
<!-- hdscanner off-->
<bean name="ScanPeriod" class="org.jboss.profileservice.profile.metadata.plugin.ScanPeriod">
<property name="disabled">true</property>
</bean>.

and remove Farm... here i have some problems, cause i found one link:  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-11812 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/RemoveFarmService;
which is slightly  diferent from my default/basic server setup (file hierarchy). hmm for example i cant find
all/deploy/deploy.last/farm-service.xml file... but i did find and remove: node/deploy/cluster/farm-deployment-jboss-beans.xml file(?) and node/farm directory. so far everything seem to work fine. So if i understand correctly i need follow protocols for clustering: HornetQ, JGroups and HAPartition... (main protocols) can u please give me some clue, what can i safely remove to achieve a final goal and get better performance. i would keep cluster benefits like faulttolerance etc.

am i on right way to reduce configuration  :0  or just waste my/your time?.

thx for help
&
have a nice day

gasper