[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Failover performance

Wolf-Dieter Fink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 27 13:00:31 EDT 2011

Wolf-Dieter Fink [http://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: Failover performance"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/612185#612185

For the internal communication you should have a look to:
 http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12269 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Shunning
 http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-9739 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/FDVersusFDSOCK
 http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10900 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JGroupsPbcastGMS
 http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10885 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JGroupsFD
You will find a lot of information about it works inside.

With HTTP session-replication I do not work this time.
I know that the most common way is a buddy-replication, only two nodes keep the state of the session.
If the one where the session is connected fail an other server will process the next call. If this is not the 'buddy' the session must be copied to the current instance and this will take it's time depend to the size of the session data.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]