[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - WebSphere MQ issue

Rod Biresch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 2 11:43:57 EST 2011

Rod Biresch [http://community.jboss.org/people/rbiresch] created the discussion

"WebSphere MQ issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/590690#590690

Hi,
I'm running a web app in JBoss AS 5.1.0 with WebSphere MQ 7 configured as a JCA resource.  The application works well pushing/popping messages on and off the queues.  Recently during some load testing we've noticed two things that has us concerned.  The first is that the "open input count" on the MQ queues continues to grow and so do the number of TCP connections to WSMQ.

I did some research and found that the MQ Queue Open Input Count "shows the number of open input handles, that is the total handles open for input on this queue. This gives you an idea on the number of applications that are currently connected to the queue to put messages on the queue".  In our test, the count rose to 125 in 20 hours of load testing.  The number of connections to WSMQ rose to 27 (according to netstat).

There is concern that over time these counts and connections will continue to grow.  Should there be a concern here?  Is there some configuration that can control this behavior?

BTW...the production system is running on a different application server and queue open input count remains low 1 or 2.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]