[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - BIRT and locale parameter in embedded viewer

Dimitris Keramidas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 4 07:27:43 EST 2011

Dimitris Keramidas [http://community.jboss.org/people/varkon] created the discussion

"BIRT and locale parameter in embedded viewer"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/591160#591160

Hello,

I am using JBoss Tools 3.2 on Helios, and have come across a peculiar problem, while trying to run a report. I am trying to embed a birt report in a seam project (seam 2.2.0), using the <b:birt/> tag.

My report uses .properties files for localization and I was having difficulty changing the locale. After some testing I found out that when setting the report as "embed" (designType="embed") the birt report would default to the jvm default, and ignore the parameter.

I also tried using some of the urls (/run, /frameset and /embed)  that JBoss Tools register when activating birt integration. Again, the only url that failed to properly change the locale was the /embed url. Furthermore, it seems that the /embed url "uses" the org.jboss.tools.birt.servlet.JBossBirtServlet servlet, instead of the org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet servlert used by the other urls.

I haven't been able to locate the source code for the class org.jboss.tools.birt.servlet.JBossBirtServlet and look into this any further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.