[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - EL expression: irregular but working or bug?

Karsten Wutzke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 14 18:56:00 EDT 2011

Karsten Wutzke [http://community.jboss.org/people/kwutzke] created the discussion

"EL expression: irregular but working or bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/593133#593133

Hello,

I have an expression in one of my XHTML files:

#{(seasonHome.instance.startYear + 1).toString().substring(2)}

JBoss Tools shows me a warning right at the dot following the +1 parentheses saying:

"EL syntax error: Expecting '}'."

Is it a bug or coincidence that it's working? Note, that this warning appears as plain tag text or inside a tag attribute (here h:outputText).

Karsten