[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - WS-SecureConversation: native support and documentation

Lars Knemeyer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 14 19:20:13 EDT 2011

Lars Knemeyer [http://community.jboss.org/people/lars.k] created the discussion

"WS-SecureConversation: native support and documentation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/593135#593135

Hi,

I have a Java web service hosted on a JBoss AS 6 and a .NET WCF-Client.
My goal is to establish a secure connection between the client and the service using WS-SecureConversation.
On the client-side this is not a problem, since WCF's wsHttpBinding supports WS-SecureConversation and there is enough documentation on the internet.
However, on the server-side I have little to no idea how to implement WS-SecureConversation.
I searched the forum and the Wiki (and of course the rest of the internet) but I didn't find much information.

I'm currently using JBossWS native and of course it would be perfect if I could keep using it.
I found  http://community.jboss.org/message/339824#339824 this discussion (from 2009) where it is said, that only JBossWS Metro supports WS-SecureConversation.
However, I found  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBWS-496 this issue (from 2010) where it is said, that now also JBossWS CXF does support it.

*Is it by now (another year later) possible to use WS-SecureConversation with JBossWS native?*

If the answer is yes, I would be glad if someone could explain how to use it or post a link where it is explained.

However, if the answer is no I will have to use CXF or Metro instead.

I already looked for it, but I can't find any information on how to use SecureConversation with these two, neither in the  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13532 JBossWS - Stack CXF User Guide nor in the  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13561 JBossWS - Stack Metro User Guide. I only found instructions for WS-Security.

*Is the there any documentation on how to use WS-SecureConversation with JBossWS CXF oder JBossWS Metro?*

Thanks a lot,

Lars

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]