[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: EJB - JBOSS - JNDI HELP!!!

stefano bertozzi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 16 09:29:58 EDT 2011

stefano bertozzi [http://community.jboss.org/people/bertoz84] created the discussion

"Re: EJB - JBOSS - JNDI      HELP!!!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/593507#593507

downloaded JBOSS 6.0 final, unpacked it in C:\Jboss_releases.
i run it directly inside Eclipse, but it works fine also launching it from the console ( p.s. i have WIN7 64bit ).

I deploy my project right-clicking on it inside Eclipse, then Export->JAR file inside the Jboss\servers\default\deploy. It all works fine. If i launch my client with the env settings all works fine.
If i exlude that i get:
+javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resourcefile: java.naming.factory.initial+

here's the solution  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-9816 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/GetquotjavaxnamingNoInitialContextExceptionquot but it doesn't work for me.

I think the problem is that my client is not running on jboss server so it has a different JVM...this is what i understood by reading a lot of documents about JNDI.

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]