[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM and nested fork/joins with Multiplicity

Silvio Meier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 17 08:44:30 EDT 2011

Silvio Meier [http://community.jboss.org/people/k0k0pelli] created the discussion

"JBPM and nested fork/joins with Multiplicity"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/593745#593745

We are currently using jBPM 4.4 (actually it's the unreleased revision 6879, as it contains a feature that is needed by our implementation) which is integrated in our own frameworks. I havea process definition with nested fork/joins. The joins have a multiplicitygiven. When I finish a nested fork/join (multiplicity=2), the parallel executions of the enclosing fork/join are also finished. See the example screenshots below.

Screenshot 1 shows the execution of the workflow before a nested fork/join is finished. This is actually done by completing the human Task +PC Hard- / Software bestimmen+ (right-most task that is bordered with the color red) in the screenshot. After finishing this task, the nested fork/join is completed and the task +Bestehende Hardware zum Neuaufsetzen bringen+ is selected correctly (the only red-bordered Task in screenshot 2). However, the other human tasks from the enclosing fork/join are complete, although they should not.

Is there something wrong with the modeling or is this a problem within jBPM 4.4 (unreleased revision 6879)? I found the Jira issue  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-2720?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-2720?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel which may be related with this problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanx.

Screenshot 1:
 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-593745-14410/Screenshot1.jpg  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-593745-14410/450-385/Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot 2: