[jboss-user] [jBPM] - New Install - No jBPM Perspective in Eclipse

Gary Huntress do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 18 08:56:35 EDT 2011

Gary Huntress [http://community.jboss.org/people/simusid] created the discussion

"New Install - No jBPM Perspective in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594087#594087

I'm just getting started with jBPM and I'm trying to get my development environment as correct/current as possible so I can follow all the tutorials and build my first few projects.

I've installed jBPM5 using the full installer and I've run "ant install.demo".  I don't see any errors during this step.  When I launch using "ant start.demo", jboss will run and I can connect.  Eclipse launches and can create a new jBPM project.  I can run the sample.java and it produces "hello world' in the eclipse console as expected.

I can also open sample.bpmn and I can edit this grapically using the list of components etc.

What I cannot seem to do is find the jBPM perspective.   The tutorials indicate it should be under "window | open perspective | other " but I do not have that listed.   What component am I missing?   During install.demo I do see:

install.jBPM-eclipse.into.eclipse:
    [unzip] Expanding: /Users/gary/Desktop/jbpm-installer/lib/jbpm-5.0.0-eclipse-all.zip into /Users/gary/Desktop/jbpm-installer/eclipse

so I thought that was all I needed (again there were no errors during the installation).   I'm installing on a Mac running 10.6.

Thanks,

Gary H.