[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Workitem handler registration declaratively?

byungwoojun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 22 13:36:12 EDT 2011

byungwoojun [http://community.jboss.org/people/byungwoojun] created the discussion

"Re: Workitem handler registration declaratively?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594864#594864

Hi there.. Yes, the work item configuration is for eclipse palette. In my case, most of service task configurations will be bound to work item handlers (I am thinking about a generic workitem handler that can handle any kind of service tasks - parameters, content-based logic, using java reflection, annotations). So, I briefly thought about if I can add a customized tag (e.g., "binding" : "name of workitem handler" ) in the configuration, I can use this configuration file to extract both service task names and workitem handlers, instead of creating multiple configuration files here and there (or using Spring framework). However, considering decoupling between designer and workitem handlers, it may be not a good idea.

I am still interested in finding the workitem configuration shema/syntax to see if I can customize the schema.

thanks,
bwj