[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM5 - Scalability-Clustering-Performance

Stefano Rocca do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 22 17:06:47 EDT 2011

Stefano Rocca [http://community.jboss.org/people/tornat] created the discussion

"JBPM5 - Scalability-Clustering-Performance"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594902#594902

Hi all,
I'm searching for a strong workflow engine for develop the business layer of a new web social network that can have potentially some million of  processes instance running at the same time.... so i hope that someone of you can reply to this question:

1) How many process instance can potentially run in a jbpm 5 server at the same time?there is a theorical limit?

2) If I use a cluster of jbpm 5 servers to improve performance, there is a load balancer inside each server instance or i need another component in front of cluster net?

3) Can i invoke external rest service from a jbpm5 process instance?

That's all...for the First question  i've already found this article  http://www.jorambarrez.be/blog/2008/04/14/short-jbpm-performance-showdown/ http://www.jorambarrez.be/blog/2008/04/14/short-jbpm-performance-showdown/ about previous jbpm version....but i need response for version 5.

Thanks in advance.
Stefano