[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Migrating from JBoss AS 4.2.1 to 5.1.0

Michael Huang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 24 13:09:43 EDT 2011

Michael Huang [http://community.jboss.org/people/yuanlinh] created the discussion

"Re: Migrating from JBoss AS 4.2.1 to 5.1.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/595413#595413

Hi Jaikian,

Thank you so much. I simply removed the <application> tag, and the problem was solved.

However, I got the follwoing ApplicationException error for the ear file, though the ear file worked fine with the 4.2.1 AS.

*IllegalArgumentException: ApplicationException is only valid on an Exception*

I searched the web, it seems indicating an issue with  @ApplicationException annotation.  The annoation should be used with an Exception rather than a xxxSessionEJB class (if this is the case, I don't understand why it worked with 4.2.1).

Here is the way the annotation was used in the 4.2.1 code, would you be able to spot anything wrong or direct me to the right direction?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Michael

@ApplicationException(rollback = true)
public class ReportedEquipmentSessionEJB extends AcesSessionStatelessEJB
        implements ReportedEquipmentDelegate {
    /**
     * Default Constructor.
     */