[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM5 Console Integration with Tomcat6

Amin Mohammed-Coleman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 24 15:13:08 EDT 2011

Amin Mohammed-Coleman [http://community.jboss.org/people/aminmc] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 Console Integration with Tomcat6"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/595437#595437

Hi

Finally i got it working...it was a tearful moment.  I had to make changes to one of the libs within the console server as it was using a different datasource.  However I have a few questions from running the console (apologies for writing this on this thread):

1) I am using JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger to track changes and I was wondering what the best practice is for this.  Currently I have some code that instantiates the JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger on construction of the StatefulKnowledgeSession and then have some methods such as

 class A {

  public A () {
   ..initialise ksession
   .. create JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger (ksession);
  }

  startProcess(String processName) {
     ksession.start(...);
      ksession.dispose();

  }

  void action (String actionName) {
   ksession.signal(..);
    ksession.dispose();
  }

}

Is this the write approach or should i create a JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger for each method call and then dispose after the method execution. (I noticed with this approach i was getting double processinstancelog entries for a given process instance).

2) On my diagram i have a event based gateway which has 2 event flows.  On start of the process when i check the diagram i see a red arrow for both messages.  When I follow a path for a given event I notice that there is still a red arrow for the event path that i didn't take.  Is there something I can do to stop this?  I noticed that code collections activeNodeInstances based on type (EXIT or ENTERED).  Not sure what approach it should be as it is misleading as I have taken a given path.

3) I notice that the rest API has a list of active nodes and the jbpm console makes a call to get the active nodes and then does some parsing to generate the image.  Is there a way to get the image (with the red arrow) via the rest api?

Any help would be appreciated...again  :) !