[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Bizzare host re-write in JAX-WS client on JB6

borfnorton22 borfnorton22 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 25 12:52:04 EDT 2011

borfnorton22 borfnorton22 [http://community.jboss.org/people/borfnorton22] created the discussion

"Bizzare host re-write in JAX-WS client on JB6"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/595634#595634

We recent upgraded from Jboss 4.22 to Jboss 6.

The code I am describing below works fine on 4.2.2.

a) We have a JAX-WS generated client

b) The generated client code is configured to talk to a remote webservice and it calls a method on it as follows.

URL url = new URL("http://bass01.stage.fishing89k41.com:80/Netter/NetterSyncQ.nsf/NetterWS?OpenWebService?WSDL");
NetterService netterService = new NetterService(url);
netterService.getNetterServicePort().isNetAvailable("someNetName");

The remote web-services WSDL exposes its service endpoint address as follows:

<service name="NetterService">
<port binding="impl:NetterServicePortSoapBinding" name="NetterServicePort">
<wsdlsoap:address location="http://bass01.stage.fishing89k41.com:80/Netter/NetterSyncQ.nsf/NetterWS?OpenWebService"/>
</port>
</service>

c) When this is running on Jboss 4.2.2 it works fine and has for quite some time. When the code executes on our JB6 server we see this is the logs which is absolutely bizzarre! *Something in JB6 (cxf AddressRewritingEndpointInfo) is re-writing the hostname portion of the endpoint out client needs to talk to to a different host.* This totally fails as when it trys to make a call we get a 404. Help! as we are sort of screwed.

11:02:38,377 INFO  [org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean] Creating Service {urn:DefaultNamespace}NetterService from WSDL: http://bass01.stage.fishing89k41.com:80/Netter/NetterSyncQ.nsf/NetterWS?OpenWebService?WSDL

11:02:38,378 INFO  [org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.transport.AddressRewritingEndpointInfo] Setting new service endpoint address in wsdl: http://ws-stage.fishing89k41.com/Netter/NetterSyncQ.nsf/NetterWS

11:02:38,394 INFO  [org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.transport.AddressRewritingEndpointInfo] Setting new service endpoint address in wsdl: http://ws-stage.fishing89k41.com/Netter/NetterSyncQ.nsf/NetterWS

11:02:38,406 WARN  [org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain] Interceptor for {urn:DefaultNamespace}NetterService#{urn:DefaultNamespace}isNetAvailable has thrown exception, unwinding now: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.
        at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:64) [:2.3.1]
        at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:255) [:2.3.1]
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:516) [:2.3.1]
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:313) [:2.3.1]
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:265) [:2.3.1]
        at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73) [:2.3.1]
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:124) [:2.3.1]
        at $Proxy302.isNetAvailable(Unknown Source)   at some.service.SomeService.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]